Performance making and design.
In addition to one-off workshops, DPS artists often work with schools, theatre programs, and community groups on longer, more intensive projects. If you have a unit of work, theatre project, play or musical where a longer form collaboration would suit, we’d love to talk about how we can help.
With ten years of experience directing and facilitating residencies that run across a week or multiple school terms, we can tailor a process that provides a deeply insightful experience, whether this be through devising a new work, designing and building custom puppets, or rehearsing and presenting an existing text using visual methods.
Past residencies have included:
• Theatre Residency Week Facilitation (Queensland Theatre)
• Puppet Design and Direction (The Lion the Witch & the Wardrobe, Kings Christian College)
• Workshops & Community Performances (Horn Island & Thursday Island State Schools)
• Mini School Artist in Residence (Mount Isa School of the Air)
• Artist in Residence (Centre for Artistic Development, Redcliffe State High School)
• Puppetry Training (Starlight Children’s Foundation)