Puppet performance skills.
This workshop demystifies the versatile and incredible art form of puppetry and arms participants with the basic skills to create characters and devise visual stories. In a series of exercises, focussing on the fundamental manipulation skills of focus, breath and gravity, participants will gain a grounding in DPS’ iconic puppetry work.
Classroom Connections: Contemporary Performance, Storytelling, Devising and Working as an Ensemble
60 – 120mins | Primary/Secondary
Workshop content includes:
• The crafting and use of paper, object, and laser cut training puppets
• An understanding of Visual Theatre Techniques and Conventions
• An introduction to puppet manipulation skills
• The opportunity to devise small scale visual theatre performances
• A focus on movement and shape to create visual symbol & meaning.